06 March 2013

Food Advertising

I bought a package of tortillas when I went to the grocery store last week. I am super picky about my tortillas, but I decided to give the store brand a shot because good tortillas are hard to find in Boston. When  I went to use one the other day I noticed that right under where it says that they are 10" burrito sized tortillas, it advertises them as being "microwaveable." I find this slightly disconcerting. I don't think I've ever heard of food that was advertised as being microwaveable. I mean it's food. Of course it's microwaveable. It makes me wonder if this is a "new feature" of these tortillas. Where they previously made of metal? Sometimes I wonder who makes these sorts of marketing decisions.

In terms of actual tortilla quality they were only about half a step above Mission brand. blech. I may have to go back to importing tortillas from home like I did when I lived in Utah.

No comments: