10 December 2012

Compliments

I was just thinking about how I haven't written any interesting posts lately--because the last few weeks have been pretty run of the mill. And then I remembered the great compliment I got today while out shopping. My roommate and I had gone to Target to pick up some things we needed and we were checking out when the cashier leaned towards me kind of conspiratorially and asked me if "she" was my daughter.

Yeah. I didn't really know how to respond to that, other than to super awkwardly say no. No, my roommate (who by the way is older than me) is not my daughter. I wish I could make an excuse for the cashier like that his age would make it more likely that two we looked like a mother-daughter pair but he was about the same age as us too.  Yeah, I still don't know what to do with that information.

No comments: