03 December 2012

It all changes so fast

I think we are all agreed that the world is changing fast. Very fast. But, do  you ever think that maybe it's changing too fast? There are so many days where I feel like I just can't keep up. And the truth is, I don't want to. Why do we spend so much time and energy and money  fixing things that aren't broken and making things better that are good enough already? (and really, just making them worse than they were before, but covering it up with the fact that they look cooler). I spent a good chunk of the morning working on an assignment for my technology class. It's one I've been putting off all semester because when I did the first part of it earlier in the semester it made me want to take all my technological advances and throw them out the window. Which is a little how I feel today. Technology is great, mostly. But it just changes too quickly, and I don't want to keep up.

No comments: