07 September 2012

Beloved Norton Anthologies

Well, it's done. The last of my Norton Anthologies has been removed from my bookshelves. I am proud to say that I sold that book back to Amazon for a whopping $30. I'm sure that's probably a pretty significant loss, but since I bought it more than 4 years ago, and I don't remember what I paid, I feel like thirty bucks is pretty good. This particular anthology was pretty hard to give up. It had all my marginalia for The Wasteland and The Importance of Being Earnest. But I did manage to procure another copy of T.S. Eliot's poems and so I could copy my notes in. Of course it ended up being more of a project than I'd planned on because I had to copy many of Norton's footnotes in as well as my own notes, but I think I got most of what I need. And it does feel good to that those 4 inches of space back on my bookcase--especially since I've still got almost 2 dozen books that don't fit... Now if only I could figure out how my books keep managing to reproduce when I only recall buying two books in that last several months (and those both are my textbooks for the new semester, and one hasn't even arrived yet).

No comments: