05 October 2012

Autumn Adventures

Saturday dawned drizzly and grey, perfect for apple picking. One of my good friends looked up a place and after I got out of class we headed up to Peabody, MA. We managed to have quite an adventure on our way. We missed one of the exits and didn't realize our mistake till we were nearly to New Hampshire. It always amazes me how quickly New Hampshire comes up. Eventually we got to the orchard. We each came home with a nice selection of apples and also some apple cider donuts. Mmm, donuts. I never used to like donuts till I moved to Boston. The donuts here are just so good--but I think that is a story for another day. I had planned ahead this year and decided that I wanted to make apple butter. Look forward to more about that soon... I wish I had a picture to show you of how lovely the trees are looking. The leaves are changing and it is just gorgeous. Fall may be my new favorite season.


No comments: