03 May 2012

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Amar Waked and Ewan McGregor
Since I got my last assignment for the semester turned in yesterday and since my last class isn't till next week I found myself with some free time today and decided to treat myself and go to the movies. A month or two ago I was watching something and a commercial for the movie Salmon Fishing in the Yemen came on. It sounded intriguing, so I found a trailer. How can you go wrong with Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt, and Kristin Scott Thomas? Exactly. Ever since then I've been dying to see this movie. Unfortunately, as a poor grad student working multiple jobs there just isn't a lot of money/time to go see a movie. I've been mildly worried that it would leave theaters before I had a chance to go and I discovered earlier this week that Thursday is the last day.

Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt
I don't know how the other 4 people in the theater with me today felt about me coughing through the whole thing, but they seemed to have survived. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is about a Seikh who believes that the sport of salmon fishing can enrich the lives of his people and is willing to pay any price to bring fishing to the desert. It's really quite a charming film. I really enjoyed it.


No comments: