17 July 2012

Transatlantic Oceanliners

One of my dreams in life is to cruise on the Queen Mary 2. I think that a nice transatlantic cruise from New York to Southampton (or Southampton to New York) would be fabulous. I love the idea of a week at sea, and eating good food while I read books, and dressing for dinner every night. And the Cunard line is the company to cruise with. They've been in the oceanliner business for ages and they are the top of the line. I got to see the QM2 in dock in Boston a couple of weeks ago. It was a gorgeous ship, and much, much larger than I had imagined. I hope one day that I can sail on her. Unfortunately, most of the people I know who enjoy cruising are more interested in the ports of call than the days-at-sea. So not too many people think that my transatlantic trip with only days-at-sea sounds too exciting. And besides, it's incredibly expensive. I could go on several cruises on other lines for the price of this one cruise. But someday...

No comments: